Nutrition Basics: An Active ApproachVersion 2.0
By Maureen Zimmerman and Mary Elizabeth Snow
- “Big Ideas” to introduce each chapter
- “You Decide” feature challenges students to apply nutrition practices to their own life
- Key Takeaways and Key Terms in each chapter
- Videos to accompany and highlight the content
New version coming in April 2021 with 2020–2025 USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
Nutrition Basics: An Active Approach is a basic overview of nutrition that explores the relationship between nutrition and physiology. Students will receive a “behind the scenes” examination of health and disease in the body, while examining some of the popular myths about nutrition. Zimmerman and Snow discuss how to develop a foundation for making smart dietary choices as they discuss relevant topics such as obesity, vegetarianism, weight-loss supplements, and more.
New in This Version
- Updated nutrition information based on 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines
- Added discussion on the impact of new food labeling laws and reviews on popular diets
- New information on food insecurity and college students
- Updated eating disorder content and terminology
- Updated statistics on obesity, including trends and new treatments
- Updated content on sustainable food systems
- New research on probiotics, high-fructose corn syrup, milk, and food allergies
- Updated references, reflecting state-of-the-art recommendations on topics such as peanut allergies, infant feeding, protein intake, and more
- Links to updated video content
- New technology and apps for improving diets
FlatWorld Homework includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system.
Request a demo
The Instructor’s Manual guides you through the main concepts of each chapter and important elements such as learning objectives, key terms, and key takeaways. Can include answers to chapter exercises, group activity suggestions, and discussion questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here