Nutrition Basics: An Active Approach
- Maureen Zimmerman and Mary Elizabeth Snow
- April 2018
- Page Count:
- Online Access Price:
- Full Color Book + Online Access Price:
Nutrition Basics: An Active Approach is a basic overview of nutrition that explores the relationship between nutrition and physiology. Students will receive a “behind the scenes” examination of health and disease in the body, while examining some of the popular myths about nutrition. Zimmerman and Snow discuss how to develop a foundation for making smart dietary choices as they discuss relevant topics such as obesity, vegetarianism, weight-loss supplements, and more.
- Updated nutrition information based on 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines
- Added discussion on the impact of new food labeling laws and reviews on popular diets
- New information on food insecurity and college students
- Updated eating disorder content and terminology
- Updated statistics on obesity, including trends and new treatments
- Updated content on sustainable food systems
- New research on probiotics, high-fructose corn syrup, milk, and food allergies
- Updated references, reflecting state-of-the-art recommendations on topics such as peanut allergies, infant feeding, protein intake, and more
- Links to updated video content
- New technology and apps for improving diets
- “Big Ideas” to introduce each chapter
- “You Decide” feature challenges students to apply nutrition practices to their own life
- Key Takeaways and Key Terms in each chapter
- Videos to accompany and highlight the content
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
FlatWorld Homework System
This book is now available with FlatWorld’s Homework System at no additional cost to your students.
With the new, easy-to-use Homework System, you will be able to assign questions and autograde homework. The system includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system (e.g. Canvas, Moodle, Brightspace/D2L, and Blackboard).
Visit the FlatWorld Homework page to learn more.
To schedule a demo for help in setting up FlatWorld Homework for your course, contact your Sales Rep or FlatWorld support.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.
PowerPoint Image Library
PowerPoint Image Library: All of the images and figures in this book are included in the PowerPoint Image Library. Arranged in the order of the text, you can use them as is, or you can cut and paste the images as you need them for an enhanced classroom presentation.
Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.