Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Technical Communication: Excelling in a Technological World, v. 1.0
- By: Pau-San Haruta
- Version: 1.0
- Pub Date: March 2016
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-7443-6
- Pages: 706
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: Technical Communication
- Chapter 2: Strategic Communication
- Chapter 3: Ethical Communication
- Chapter 4: Language Basics
- Chapter 5: Organization and Coherence
- Chapter 6: Language with Style
- Chapter 7: Intercultural Communication
- Chapter 8: Visual Communication
- Chapter 9: Visual Selection
- Chapter 10: Routine Letters
- Chapter 11: Electronic and Face-Threatening Letters
- Chapter 12: Memos, Emails, and Instant Messages
- Chapter 13: Definitions, Descriptions, and Instructions
- Chapter 14: Reports
- Chapter 15: Proposals
- Chapter 16: Print Media
- Chapter 17: Interactive Media
- Chapter 18: Social Media and Team Communication
- Chapter 19: Employment Communication
- Chapter 20: Case and Projects: Cost Engineering in a Red-Hot Global Economy
- Chapter 21: Case and Projects: Community Health
- Chapter 22: Case and Projects: Barcode of Life
- Chapter 23: Case and Projects: Human Bias in Voice Technologies
- Chapter 24: Case and Projects: Pathfinding and Navigation
- Chapter 25: Case and Projects: Grid Computing in the New Millennium
- Chapter 26: Source Documentation
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Technical Communication informs, instructs, and illuminates by explaining the rationale for recommended practices. Because this textbook is written in a modular fashion, instructors have a great deal of flexibility and can freely modify and rearrange its content using Flat World’s Book Editor platform. Skills are separated from technical documents; technical documents from case projects; and so on.
Part I on essential skills covers strategic, ethical, intercultural, verbal and visual communication. These are enduring skills for successful job performance, independent of emerging technologies and social media trends.
Part II applies these skills to a broad range of technical documents with recommendations from corporate users of electronic and collaborative tools. The documents covered include memos, emails, IMs, product descriptions, instructional manuals, reports, proposals as well as others in print, interactive, and social media. The textbook explains how traditional forms of business correspondence and print translate into new communicative genres by presenting the universal principles operating across documents, media, and cultural contexts.
Part III introduces students to some of the most exciting technological innovations which will impact our lives in the 21st century. The technology topics serve as cases for individual and collaborative projects. The topics include voice technologies, pathfinding and automated navigation, grid computing, and barcoding of species.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >