Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Business Law and the Legal Environment: Executive MBA Edition, v. 1.0
- By: Don Mayer, Daniel Warner, George Siedel and Jethro K. Lieberman
- Version: 1.0
- Shared Versions: 2 what's this?
- Pub Date: August 2012
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-4419-4
- Pages: 588
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Law and Legal Systems
- Chapter 2: Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
- Chapter 3: Courts and the Legal Process
- Chapter 4: Constitutional Law and US Commerce
- Chapter 5: Administrative Law
- Chapter 6: Criminal Law
- Chapter 7: Introduction to Tort Law
- Chapter 8: Contracts
- Chapter 9: Products Liability
- Chapter 10: Intellectual Property
- Chapter 11: Relationships between Principal and Agent
- Chapter 12: Liability of Principal and Agent; Termination of Agency
- Chapter 13: Partnerships: General Characteristics and Formation
- Chapter 14: Partnership Operation and Termination
- Chapter 15: Hybrid Business Forms
- Chapter 16: Corporation: General Characteristics and Formation
- Chapter 17: Legal Aspects of Corporate Finance
- Chapter 18: Corporate Powers and Management
- Chapter 19: Securities Regulation
- Chapter 20: Corporate Expansion, State and Federal Regulation of Foreign Corporations, and Corporate Dissolution
- Chapter 21: Antitrust Law
- Chapter 22: Unfair Trade Practices and the Federal Trade Commission
- Chapter 23: Employment Law
- Chapter 24: Labor-Management Relations
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
Mayer, Warner, Siedel and Lieberman's Business Law and the Legal Environment (EMBA Edition) is an up-to-date textbook especially designed for students in EMBA programs. The text is organized to permit instructors to tailor the materials to their particular approach. The authors take special care to engage students by relating law to everyday events with their clear, concise and readable style.
After introductory chapters covering the legal environment of business, Business Law and the Legal Environment (EMBA Edition) provides students with context and essential legal concepts relating to contracts, products liability, agency law, partnerships, corporations and government regulation. The text provides the vocabulary and legal savvy they will need to talk in an educated way to customers, suppliers, employees, creditors, shareholders, government regulators and other stakeholders — and to their own lawyers.
With Business Law and the Legal Environment (EMBA Edition), the authors have created a text that not only has both case summaries and excerpted cases, but one that you can easily customize by deleting chapters, reordering the content, adding your own material, and even editing at the line level with Flat World's easy-to-use MIYO (Make It Your Own) Platform. The free online version of the text includes embedded links to law-related videos at YouTube and other online sites for easy access by students and instructors.
Review Mayer, Warner, Siedel and Lieberman's Business Law and the Legal Environment (EMBA Edition) today to see if its comprehensive content, affordable price, and flexible format are right for your students and your course.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >