Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
Business Communication for Success, v. 1.0
- By: Scott McLean
- Pub Date: March 2010
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-2742-5
- Pages: 419
What do you want to do?
New Version Available
Table of Contents:
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: Effective Business Communication
- Chapter 2: Delivering Your Message
- Chapter 3: Understanding Your Audience
- Chapter 4: Effective Business Writing
- Chapter 5: Writing Preparation
- Chapter 6: Writing
- Chapter 7: Revising and Presenting Your Writing
- Chapter 8: Feedback in the Writing Process
- Chapter 9: Business Writing in Action
- Chapter 10: Developing Business Presentations
- Chapter 11: Nonverbal Delivery
- Chapter 12: Organization and Outlines
- Chapter 13: Presentations to Inform
- Chapter 14: Presentations to Persuade
- Chapter 15: Business Presentations in Action
- Chapter 16: Intrapersonal and Interpersonal Business Communication
- Chapter 17: Negative News and Crisis Communication
- Chapter 18: Intercultural and International Business Communication
- Chapter 19: Group Communication, Teamwork, and Leadership
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
Digital All Access Pass
Access to online, offline, and eBook formats: online book with Study Pass, chapter PDFs, and eBook files for tablets, e-readers, and smartphones.
Access to the online book only with study tools like note-taking and highlighting; study aids like flashcards; and study view, which collapses each chapter into key terms and key takeaways.
Black & White Print Textbook
Bonus access to online and eBooks.
Color Print Textbook
Bonus access to online book.
Business Communication for Success, v. 1.0
Scott McLean’s goals in writing Business Communication for Success were simple:
- To provide the range of coverage combined with real-world examples
- To offer ample opportunities to engage with the concepts, vocabulary and models
Business Communication for Success benefits from Scott's extensive understanding of how students learn the art of effective communication. You can listen to a podcast here of Scott discussing his textbook and teaching the Business Communication course.
Students are provided ample opportunity to engage with the concepts, vocabulary and models covered in the text through:
- role-playing exercises
- journal writings
- case studies
- small-group activities
- self-assessment activities
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Business Communication, Business English, Business Presentation, Professional Communication
This textbook is suitable for 2 and 4 year level courses.
Clear organization makes the book modular and easy to read while building on earlier lessons.
- Chapters 1-3: Introduction to the principles of business communication
- Chapters 4-9: Process and skills of writing for business
- Chapters 10-15: Process and skills of developing and delivering business presentations
- Chapters 16-19: Common contexts of business communication, including intrapersonal and interpersonal communication; negative news and crisis communication; intercultural and international communication; and groups, teams, and leadership
Additionally, The Flat World Knowledge publishing model allows instructors to adapt the textbook to the exact needs of their specific class and student body.
See how easy it is to customize a textbook in this 4 minute demo: Flat World Editing Platform Video Demo
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeTest Generator
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator powered by Brownstone and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into the following Learning Management Systems*: Blackboard, Angel, Moodle, WebCT. We also support a Respondus Neutral file that you can use to easily import our questions in any LMS supported by Respondus. * Please note that only certain versions of each LMS are supported. Click on Supplements for detailed information
Who's Using this Textbook?
The Flat World MapFind a Peer Near You >