Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
A History of the United States, Volume 2, v. 1.0
- By: David J. Trowbridge
- Version: 1.0
- Shared Versions: 3 what's this?
- Pub Date: March 2012
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-2955-9
- Pages: 546
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- Image Credits
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: What Does Freedom Mean?: Reconstruction, 1865–1877
- Chapter 2: Western Expansion, the New South, and Industrial America, 1870–1890
- Chapter 3: Populism and Imperialism, 1890–1900
- Chapter 4: From Populism to the Progressive Era, 1900–1912
- Chapter 5: The Late Progressive Era and World War, 1912–1920
- Chapter 6: Roaring Twenties to the Great Depression, 1920–1932
- Chapter 7: The New Deal and Origins of World War II, 1932–1939
- Chapter 8: America and World War II, 1941–1945
- Chapter 9: The Cold War at Home and Abroad, 1945–1953
- Chapter 10: The Cold War and the Affluent Society, 1954–1963
- Chapter 11: Vietnam and Civil Disobedience, 1963–1969
- Chapter 12: The 1970s
- Chapter 13: The Reagan and Bush Years, 1980–1992
- Chapter 14: America in Our Time, 1992–Present
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook $69.95
- Online Access [Required] + Color Textbook $139.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Color Textbook $159.95
A History of the United States, vol. 2
In writing A History of the United States, David Trowbridge’s aims were simple:
- Make US history after 1865 come alive
- Extend beyond the basic timeline of events students need to know
- Provide opportunities to read about history from a variety of perspectives
- Appeal to students of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- WELL-ROUNDED PERSPECTIVES:
- CHALLENGING CONNECTIONS:
- EASILY ADAPTABLE:
Trowbridge made a concerted effort to reach students where they live, regardless of whether they have already discovered a love for history or they are about to in your class.
A History of the United States, vol. 2 is a stand-alone text that covers the field better than any textbook presently on the market.
This textbook is suitable for these courses: U.S. History (after 1865)
This textbook is suitable for 2 and 4 year institutions.
This textbook incorporates multiple perspectives and blends social and cultural history into a direct and concise narrative. A History of the United States also includes examples of how the past has been interpreted by others over time to show why historical interpretations change, and why this matters.
The author challenges students to find connections between events and eras, such as the ideas and rhetoric of the American Revolution and the Civil War or the impact of the Cold War on the Civil Rights Movement).
A History of the United States is the most easily adaptable text on the market today. Flat World’s customization option makes it possible for you to edit the text in any way you choose and the changes will be attributed to you.
The Flat World
Knowledge publishing model allows instructors to
adapt the textbook to the exact needs of their specific
class and student body.
See how easy it is to customize a textbook in this 4 minute demo: Flat World Editing Platform Video Demo
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeTest Generator
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator powered by Brownstone and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into the following Learning Management Systems*: Blackboard, Angel, Moodle, WebCT. We also support a Respondus Neutral file that you can use to easily import our questions in any LMS supported by Respondus. * Please note that only certain versions of each LMS are supported. Click on Supplements for detailed information
Who's Using this Textbook?
The Flat World MapFind a Peer Near You >