Information Systems: A Manager's Guide to Harnessing Technology
- John Gallaugher
- August 2018
- Page Count:
- Online Access Price:
- Full Color Book + Online Access Price:
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Introduction to Information Systems, Strategic Information Systems, Capstone Information Systems course, Technology Entrepreneurship, Digital Organization/Digital Leadership, Management Information, and Information Technology.
This award-winning textbook offers a proven approach that has garnered student praise and increased information systems enrollment. Inspired by out-of-date IS textbooks, Gallaugher wanted to create a book that was not only as engaging as the best Wired and Wall Street Journal articles, but also conveyed durable knowledge using contemporary firms that all students can relate to. This textbook that will get students excited about the role of tech in business with its relevant coverage of today’s cutting-edge firms.
- Updated content throughout and every chapter received at least some refresh of examples and statistics
- New compelling coverage on the rise of bitcoin and blockchain, tackling trolls and bots, privacy protection, big data, and more
- New video content on an array of topics, including artificial intelligence, 3D printing, and blockchain
- New and updated exercises added to encourage student participation and understanding
- Unique approach to information systems by leading with strategic thinking before diving into technical topics
- Current and engaging case studies that challenge students to apply what they’ve learned
- Coverage of not only strategy and technology basics, but also of critical concepts including data analytics, security, social media, the sharing economy, disruptive innovation, network effects and more
- In-depth profiles on widely-known firms such as Facebook, Amazon, Google, Netflix, Rent the Runway, and Zara
FlatWorld Homework System
This book is now available with FlatWorld’s Homework System at no additional cost to your students.
With the new, easy-to-use Homework System, you will be able to assign questions and autograde homework. The system includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system (e.g. Canvas, Moodle, Brightspace/D2L, and Blackboard).
Visit the FlatWorld Homework page to learn more.
To schedule a demo for help in setting up FlatWorld Homework for your course, contact your Sales Rep or FlatWorld support.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.
Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.
Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.