General, Organic, and Biological ChemistryVersion 2.0 By: David W. Ball, John W. Hill, and Rhonda J. Scott
This book is available with FlatWorld's Homework System at no additional cost to your students. Learn more
- Written for the two-term general, organic, and biological chemistry course.
- Minimizes student math anxiety and increases learners' comprehension by:
- Employing a clear and consistent problem-solving style for mathematical problems.
- Emphasizing units of quantities and how they work out in algebraic treatments.
- Each chapter is structured with helpful learning components:
- “Learning Objectives” organized by section.
- “Skill-Building Exercises” follow each example problem to help students immediately practice the skill they have learned while it is still fresh in their memories.
- “Concept Review Exercises” focus on key ideas from the preceding section.
- “Key Takeaways” at the end of every section echo and reinforce the preceding section’s “Learning Objectives.”
- “Looking Closer” features expand on topics that are both relevant and appealing to learners.
- “To Your Health” features describe how key topics relate directly to health issues.
- “Career Focus” features present a healthcare occupation to provide students with exposure to various healthcare career paths.
- “Chapter Summaries” highlight key concepts covered in the preceding chapter.
- “Additional Exercises” at the end of every chapter provide multiple opportunities for additional practice and reinforcement of the chapter’s content.
- Fully updated periodic table accounts for newest elements.
- Refreshed illustration program enhances clarity and visual appeal. Chemical structures have been redrawn to conform with American Chemical Society style.
General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry is written for the two-term general, organic, and biological chemistry (GOB) course sequence with a condensed version of the same book available for one-term courses. It is a comprehensive introduction written by three specialists in each area that comprises the subject. This book’s focus on accessible writing, useful pedagogical features, and addressing math anxiety make it an ideal introduction to core chemistry concepts in health and the life sciences.
General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry is suitable for the introduction to GOB course, usually called General, Organic and Biological Chemistry; Chemistry for Allied Health; or Chemistry for Nurses. The GOB course generally enrolls nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and other allied health students. It can be offered in one or two terms at the undergraduate level at both two- and four-year colleges and universities.
FlatWorld Homework includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system.
Request a demo
The Instructor Manual guides you through the main concepts of each chapter and important elements such as learning objectives, key terms, and key takeaways. Can include answers to chapter exercises, group activity suggestions, and discussion questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
For exercises that need a little more explanation, our Solutions Manual will take you step by step through solving the problem and offer explanations on the answer.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.
Sample syllabi provide useful templates to help new faculty adopters revise their teaching plans to match their assigned FlatWorld textbook or lend insights to existing adopters on how to organize their classes.Download
An answer key for odd-numbered excercises in the book is available to adopting faculty. Please contact FlatWorld's customer support team to arrange access: email@example.com
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here