This book adopts a concise, jargon-free, and easy-to-understand approach that is ready with concise sections and concepts when the student is ready to study in a format the student wants. Key concepts are provided in short segments with bullet points and step-by-step instructions to simplify concepts. This approach will help your students avoid distractions and focus attention on the big picture.
Managerial Accounting boasts “Review Problems” at the end of each major section or learning objective which offer practical opportunities for students to apply what they have learned. These “Review Problems” allow students to immediately reinforce what they have learned and are provided within the body of the chapter along with the solutions.
Since all students perform better when they can answer the “why” question, meaningful references to companies throughout the chapters help students tie chapter concepts to real organizations. In addition, realistic managerial scenarios present an issue that must be addressed by the management accountant. These will pique your students’ interest and were designed to show how issues can be resolved using the concepts presented in the chapter.
- BUSINESS IN ACTION FEATURES:
These features link managerial decision-making to real business decisions to help your students complete the learning cycle from concept, to accounting decision, to real-world application.
The Flat World
Knowledge publishing model allows instructors to
adapt the textbook to the exact needs of their specific
class and student body.
See how easy it is to customize a textbook in this 4 minute demo: Flat World Editing Platform Video Demo
What's New in Version 2.0
- End-of-chapter exercises have been updated and moved to a separate segment at the end of each chapter to make assignments more readily available to students.
- Many Business in Action vignettes have been updated in each chapter.
- Financial information for real companies has been updated.
- Figures and footnotes throughout the text have been clarified based on instructor and student feedback.