This financial accounting textbook is written for an undergraduate or MBA level Financial Accounting course.
Joe Ben Hoyle and CJ Skender are nationally recognized as outstanding teachers. In fact, BusinessWeek recently recognized both as top undergraduate professors. Their collective teaching wisdom shines in this book as their approach stresses understanding over memorization. This financial accounting textbook covers standard topics in a standard sequence, but does so through asking a carefully constructed series of questions along with their individual answers.
5 Reasons this Textbook Works:
1. Topics are broken down: Each question and its answer look at a specific piece of material. Material is presented as a clearly established series of steps rather than as a long flowing monologue.
2. It’s conversational: Virtually all experts agree that individuals learn better through give and take than they do through one-directional lectures.
3. Its logical sequence: Because students are being exposed to each new topic for the first time, they often have trouble making leaps of understanding that appear easy to a teacher (or a textbook author). The question and answer format provides an orderly method for creating an appropriate sequencing of material.
4. Its Q&A approach: ”Why did this technique work?“ ”Why is the calculation performed this way?“ ”Who really cares about this?“ A question and answer format leads to this type of educational presentation.
5. It’s clutter-free: Reducing the extraneous boxes and sidebars means students know exactly where to focus. At the end of each question and answer, there are links for students who wish to explore further.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.
Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.
For exercises that need a little more explanation, our Solutions Manual will take you step by step through solving the problem and offer explanations on the answer.
Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.