Business Communication for Success, v. 1.0
Scott McLean’s goals in writing Business Communication for Success were simple:
- To provide the range of coverage combined with real-world examples
- To offer ample opportunities to engage with the concepts, vocabulary and models
Business Communication for Success benefits from Scott's extensive understanding of how students learn the art of effective communication. You can listen to a podcast here of Scott discussing his textbook and teaching the Business Communication course.
Students are provided ample opportunity to engage with the concepts, vocabulary and models covered in the text through:
- role-playing exercises
- journal writings
- case studies
- small-group activities
- self-assessment activities
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Business Communication, Business English, Business Presentation, Professional Communication
This textbook is suitable for 2 and 4 year level courses.
Clear organization makes the book modular and easy to read while building on earlier lessons.
- Chapters 1-3: Introduction to the principles of business communication
- Chapters 4-9: Process and skills of writing for business
- Chapters 10-15: Process and skills of developing and delivering business presentations
- Chapters 16-19: Common contexts of business communication, including intrapersonal and interpersonal communication; negative news and crisis communication; intercultural and international communication; and groups, teams, and leadership
Additionally, The Flat World Knowledge publishing model allows instructors to adapt the textbook to the exact needs of their specific class and student body.
See how easy it is to customize a textbook in this 4 minute demo: Flat World Editing Platform Video Demo
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.
Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.
Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.