Introduction to WritingVersion 2.0
By Scott McLean
- Exercises designed to facilitate interaction and collaboration are integrated into the text. These exercises help reinforce concepts and develop interpersonal skills and critical thinking in students.
- Exercises that involve self-editing and collaborative writings to develop and promote student interest.
- Clear internal summaries and displays of information make it easy for students to locate desired content.
- Simplified rule explanations to provide context and facilitate increased knowledge retention.
- Structured chapters and segments.
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: developmental writing and first year composition.
Scott McLean's Introduction to Writing provides step-by-step instructions to help students build writing, reading, and critical thinking skills. It introduces students to paragraph writing and composition while also providing a comprehensive review of grammar. Beginning with the sentence and its essential elements, this book addresses a variety of concepts with clear, concise, and engaging examples. Concepts and examples are immediately reinforced with exercises and opportunities to demonstrate learning and mastery of quality writing in every chapter. Introduction to Writing's incremental approach makes it suitable for a wide range of writing levels and abilities.
New in This Version
- Reorganized sections and chapters: essay writing is covered first, followed by a discussion of writing basics.
- Added a new section on accessibility.
- Updated examples throughout the text.
- Updated videos, photos, and graphics.
The Instructor’s Manual guides you through the main concepts of each chapter and important elements such as learning objectives, key terms, and key takeaways. Can include answers to chapter exercises, group activity suggestions, and discussion questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here