This textbook is suitable for the following courses: both semester-long or quarter-long Introductory Microeconomics and Principles of Microeconomics.
This market-leading textbook presents modern economics in a form that’s intuitive, relevant, and memorable to students with no prior exposure to the subject. Taylor and Weerapana have recent and extensive classroom-based experiences, which is seen through their engaging real-world examples. The textbook provides clear explanations of why markets are efficient when the incentives are right and inefficient when the incentives are wrong; and outlines examples of economics choices that students actually face. Version 8.0 gives special attention to key policy questions about the role of the government that are being debated today.
- Now published by FlatWorld at an affordable price in print and digital formats suited to today’s students.
- Updated data and content bring coverage of microeconomics through 2017.
- Stimulating vignettes at the beginning of each chapter.
- Carefully-selected problems that have been revised and tested for this version. An ample supply of these problems appears at the end of every chapter and appendix. Some will ask the reader to work out examples; others require a more critical thinking approach.
- Questions for review at the end of every chapter. These questions help test recall and require short answers. They can be used for oral review or as a quick self-check.
- Brief reviews at the end of each major section that summarize the key points in abbreviated form. They are useful for preliminary skimming as well as for review.
- Key terms with definitions appear in the margins or are hyperlinked online.
FlatWorld Homework System
This book is now available with FlatWorld’s Homework System at no additional cost to your students.
With the new, easy-to-use Homework System, you will be able to assign questions and autograde homework. The system includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system (e.g. Canvas, Moodle, Brightspace/D2L, and Blackboard).
Visit the FlatWorld Homework page to learn more.
To schedule a demo for help in setting up FlatWorld Homework for your course, contact your Sales Rep or FlatWorld support.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.
Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.
Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.