This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Social Psychology and Fundamentals of Social Psychology.
Principles of Social Psychology is a comprehensive text covering all of the traditional topics. Rather than relying on “modules” or “appendices” of applied materials, Stangor integrates applied concepts to the text itself. Stangor weaves applications from other disciplines throughout the text, such as Business and Consumer Behavior, Politics and Government, Health and Behavior, and Law.
- Updated discussion of our human evolutionary past.
- Expanded discussions of evolutionary psychology, explicit racism, intergroup violence, and contemporary theories of morality.
- Updated figures and added in-text guidelines for interpreting figures that depict statistical interactions.
- New chapter openers, including the benefits of mindfulness, the Trump presidential campaign, the 2017 Quebec City mosque attack, racism and the Black Lives Movement, and global warming as a social dilemma.
- Added a number of citations related to the effects of social media use on personality and behavior.
- Research Foci in each chapter provide detailed information about a study or a research program.
- Social Psychology in the Public Interest Features reinforce links between social psychological principles and everyday experience.
- Chapter reviews and quiz questions.
- Key terms.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.
Solutions manuals, sample exams, video learning segments, workbooks, cases and lab manuals are just some of the extras our books will offer depending on the needs of the course. Click here to see what this textbook offers.
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.
Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.
For exercises that need a little more explanation, our Solutions Manual will take you step by step through solving the problem and offer explanations on the answer.
Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.
- Changed "the 2008 elections" to "the 2016 elections" in 5.1. (11/9/18)
- Changed "do matter and the social situation is" to "do matter, the social situation is." (11/9/18)