Read & modify our textbooks
Start by locating your class
The Basics of General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry, v. 1.0
- By: David W. Ball, John W. Hill and Rhonda J. Scott
- Version: 1.0
- Shared Versions: 1 what's this?
- Pub Date: March 2011
- eISBN: 978-1-4533-2788-3
- Pages: 692
What do you want to do?
Table of Contents:
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: Chemistry, Matter, and Measurement
- Chapter 2: Elements, Atoms, and the Periodic Table
- Chapter 3: Ionic Bonding and Simple Ionic Compounds
- Chapter 4: Covalent Bonding and Simple Molecular Compounds
- Chapter 5: Introduction to Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 6: Quantities in Chemical Reactions
- Chapter 7: Energy and Chemical Processes
- Chapter 8: Solids, Liquids, and Gases
- Chapter 9: Solutions
- Chapter 10: Acids and Bases
- Chapter 11: Nuclear Chemistry
- Chapter 12: Organic Chemistry: Alkanes and Halogenated Hydrocarbons
- Chapter 13: Unsaturated and Aromatic Hydrocarbons
- Chapter 14: Organic Compounds of Oxygen
- Chapter 15: Organic Acids and Bases and Some of Their Derivatives
- Chapter 16: Carbohydrates
- Chapter 17: Lipids
- Chapter 18: Amino Acids, Proteins, and Enzymes
- Chapter 19: Nucleic Acids
- Chapter 20: Energy Metabolism
- Appendix: Periodic Table of the Elements
Interested in combining chapters from this book with your own or other third party content?
XanEdu can help.
Learn more »
- Online Access [Required] $29.95
- Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads $49.95
- Online Access [Required] + Black & White Textbook* $54.95
Online Access [Required] + Ebook Downloads + Black & White Textbook*
* Moving to color textbooks in the spring of 2017 for the same price.
The Basics of General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry by David W. Ball, John W. Hill, and Rhonda J. Scott is for the one-semester General, Organic and Biological Chemistry course. The authors designed this textbook from the ground up to meet the needs of a one-semester course. It is 20 chapters in length and approximately 350-400 pages; just the right breadth and depth for instructors to teach and students to grasp.
In addition, The Basics of General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry is written not by one chemist, but THREE chemistry professors with specific, complimentary research and teaching areas. David W. Ball’s specialty is physical chemistry, John W. Hill’s is organic chemistry, and finally, Rhonda J. Scott’s background is in enzyme and peptide chemistry. These three authors have the expertise to identify and present only the most important material for students to learn in the GOB Chemistry course.
These experienced authors have ensured their text has ample in-text examples, and ”Test Yourself“ questions following the examples so students can immediately check their comprehension. The end-of-chapter exercises will be paired, with one answered in the back of the text so homework can easily be assigned and self-checked.
The Basics of General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry by David W. Ball, John W. Hill, and Rhonda J. Scott is the right text for you and your students if you are looking for a GOB textbook with just the right amount of coverage without overdoing the concepts and overwhelming your students.
Check out the table of contents and supplements package below, then order a desk copy to see for yourself.
This textbook comes with the following materials that you can use in your classroom.Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.Instructor Manual
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.PowerPoint Image Library
PowerPoint Image Library: All of the images and figures in this book are included in the PowerPoint Image Library. Arranged in the order of the text, you can use them as is, or you can cut and paste the images as you need them for an enhanced classroom presentation.Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a wholeTest Generator
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.Solutions Manual
For exercises that need a little more explanation, our Solutions Manual will take you step by step through solving the problem and offer explanations on the answer.Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.
Who's Using this Textbook?
The FlatWorld MapFind a Peer Near You >