Information Systems: A Manager’s Guide to Harnessing TechnologyVersion 5.0 By: John Gallaugher
- Unique approach to information systems by leading with strategic thinking before diving into technical topics.
- Current and engaging case studies that challenge students to apply what they’ve learned.
- Coverage of not only strategy and technology basics, but also of critical concepts including data analytics, security, social media, the sharing economy, disruptive innovation, network effects and more.
- In-depth profiles on widely-known firms such as Facebook, Amazon, Google, Netflix, Rent the Runway, and Zara.
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Introduction to Information Systems, Strategic Information Systems, Capstone Information Systems course, Technology Entrepreneurship, Digital Organizations and Digital Leadership.
Information Systems: A Manager’s Guide to Harnessing Technology covers all of the standard topics in management information systems. Gallaugher provides a holistic view of how business and technology interrelate, and how technology can be used to enhance a growth strategy in a corporation. This textbook uses extensive case studies on contemporary firms as a key part of the pedagogy, in order to demonstrate the real-world application of the topics. Gallaugher wrote this textbook to be as engaging as the best Wired and Wall Street Journal articles.
- Expanded and updated mini cases and examples throughout.
- New compelling statistics on the challenges of easy-to-replicate technology with examples such as Facebook vs. Snapchat.
- Added section on Zara detailing its imitation resistant distribution channels, 5-star app, and more.
- Added information on the importance of data.
Chapter 11: Facebook: A Billion-plus users, the High-Stakes Move to Mobile, and Big Business from the Social Graph
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here
The Instructor Manual guides you through the main concepts of each chapter and important elements such as learning objectives, key terms, and key takeaways. Can include answers to chapter exercises, group activity suggestions, and discussion questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
For exercises that need a little more explanation, our Solutions Manual will take you step by step through solving the problem and offer explanations on the answer.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.
Solutions manuals, sample exams, video learning segments, workbooks, cases and lab manuals are just some of the extras our books will offer depending on the needs of the course. Click here to see what this textbook offers.