Social Research: Qualitative and Quantitative Methods
- Amy Blackstone
- February 2019
- Page Count:
- Online Ebook Price:
- Full Color Book + Online Ebook Price:
Social Research: Quantitative and Qualitative Methods introduces students to research design, ethics, and data collection in the social sciences. Balancing attention to qualitative and quantitative methods, Blackstone emphasizes readers’ roles as consumers, citizens, and employees in her descriptions of research methods and their relevance to students’ everyday lives.
- Callout boxes throughout the text containing recommended readings for those wishing for more in-depth information.
- Addition of numerous contemporary and classic examples including discussion of the Stanford Prison Experiment and recent revelations about the study, sociologists’ involvement in contemporary debates over gay marriage, controversies over replication of studies published in Science and Nature, and other updated examples.
- New discussion of research tools and techniques such as Amazon’s Mechanical Turk and sampling via social media.
- Addition of more contemporary images.
- Updated exercises.
- Tables summarizing key terms and definitions at the end of every chapter.
- Learning objectives at the start of every section.
- Key take-aways and exercises concluding each section.
- Includes Recommended Readings.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.