Introducing Psychology: Brain, Person, GroupVersion 5.0 By: Stephen M. Kosslyn and Robin S. Rosenberg
This book is available with FlatWorld's Homework System at no additional cost to your students. Learn more
- Mainstream approach built around three levels of analysis (brain, person, group) that maps to the popular integrated approach to psychology.
- Unique partnership of key researcher and clinical psychologist provides balance of theory and practice.
- Includes standard learning aids, such as section-opening learning objectives, key takeaways, and summaries
- Special high-interest features throughout like chapter-opening stories to provide thematic structure and real-life applications to engage students; “Think Like a Psychologist” to highlight critical thinking through questions and activities; “Looking at Levels” picks up on the book’s theme and focuses once per chapter on a key theory or psychological phenomenon to apply the three levels of analysis (brain, person, group).
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Introduction to Psychology, Principles of Psychology, Survey of Psychology, or other basic psychology course
Introducing Psychology: Brain, Person, Group presents psychology using levels of the brain, person, and social world to help students actively apply psychology to their lives. Examining psychological concepts from the levels of the brain (biological factors), the person (beliefs, desires, and feelings), and the world (social, cultural, and environmental factors) helps students organize and integrate topics within and across chapters -- and actively apply psychology to their own lives. This comprehensive introduction to psychology both engages students and provides them with an integrated introduction to the field.
- Now published with FlatWorld.
- Includes machine-readable alt-text captions and captioned video links to support ready access by differently abled learners.
- Updated and rewritten to help students better understand key psychological terms, findings, theories, and concepts and their implications.
- Introduces new research, refreshes previous editions’ discussions, and provides more polished descriptions of key psychological principles in every chapter.
- Among the many new or expanded topics are: using psychology to encourage healthier behaviors; ethics coverage relating to torture and to neuroethics; impacts of head trauma; new research on the hippocampus; intellectual disabilities; lie detection and brain activity; genetic contributions to personality; adolescents and social media; microaggressions; impacts of social media posting activity; substance abuse; psychological disorders; PTSD treatments; evolving diagnosis criteria and DSM-5.
- Chapter 13: Social Psychology: Meeting of the Minds features a reconceived discussion of prejudice and stereotyping, a new chapter story on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle integrated throughout, and new material on current topics such as on online dating sites and snap judgments.
FlatWorld Homework includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system.
Request a demo
The Instructor Manual guides you through the main concepts of each chapter and important elements such as learning objectives, key terms, and key takeaways. Can include answers to chapter exercises, group activity suggestions, and discussion questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here