This textbook is suitable for the following courses: undergraduate-level Introductory Finance and Financial Management. It can also be adopted at the MBA level.
Modern Corporate Finance combines a forward-looking vision of corporate finance with the tried and true practices of the past. With a clear and concise approach, the authors emphasize the modernist movement in finance, which is based on systematic methodology with an emphasis on deductive reasoning and empirical validation. These concepts are not usually taught at an introductory level, due to the lack of teaching resources available. This book was written to fill that void.
- Updated time-specific content throughout the text. These updates include descriptive changes such as recognizing corporate reorganizations and content changes including updates to data tables.
- Expanded coverage of the use of financial calculators, including a new workshop (7.2) devoted to the use of the NPV and IRR functions found on advanced calculators.
- New chapter opening learning objectives and online quizzes that are integrated into the online book.
- Expanded supplement program, including a test item file, online test generator, full instructor's manual, PowerPoint lecture notes, and new online homework system.
- Hands-on application to reinforce essential points of finance theory.
- Demonstration problems that take the students step-by-step to the solution.
- Review questions, extensive problem sets, and discussion questions.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
FlatWorld Homework System
This book is now available with FlatWorld’s Homework System at no additional cost to your students.
With the new, easy-to-use Homework System, you will be able to assign questions and autograde homework. The system includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system (e.g. Canvas, Moodle, Brightspace/D2L, and Blackboard).
Visit the FlatWorld Homework page to learn more.
To schedule a demo for help in setting up FlatWorld Homework for your course, contact your Sales Rep or FlatWorld support.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test item files (in Word format) contain many true/false, multiple choice, fill in the blanks, and short essay questions.
The Instructor Manual (in Word format) will help guide you through the main concepts of each chapter such as learning objectives, key terms and takeaways. Many also include explanations and answers to chapter exercises.
Powerpoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole
Prefer printable tests? Download our test generator and start creating printable tests today! We offer a test generator for both PC and Mac users.
For exercises that need a little more explanation, our Solutions Manual will take you step by step through solving the problem and offer explanations on the answer.
Testbank for Import to Learning Management System
We have taken our test item file and created files to import into several Learning Management Systems. Click for detailed information and file availability.